The list below gives just an outline of what would be investigated on remedial issues.
The Practice Manager should have in the Practice files the following:
- Key elements of the investigation process with probable queries arising from such investigation. The written notes to be handed to all practitioners involved in the inquiry.
- The key statements on professional standards made by the GMC; Good Medical practice for GPs as per RCGP procedures.
- Alcohol and Drugs/substance misuse and when the management should act in the best interests of the individual family and the practice.
- Disciplinary Procedures pertaining to work/suspension and all actions that needs to be taken prior to enforcing suspension.
- Harassment, Bullying and Victimisation Policy and procedures.
- General terms about local procedures for an investigation into a practitioner’s performance and the role of NCAS.
- Mental Health policy and the facilities available.
- Root cause analysis policy. Application of this policy will be applied in cases of serious untoward incidents, mental health issues etc.