There are innumerable protocols from Hand washing to treating a cardiac patient.
The lists can be accessed via Google.
The role of protocols becomes more and more important in the surgery work and protocol-based care enables NHS staff to put evidence into practice by following strict procedures.
Some protocols are listed below:
- B12 protocol
- Protocol for the management of hypertension 2010
- Protocol for depo provera
- Protocol for nurse pill checking 2010 Nurse pill reviews Nurse monitoring of maintenance therapy
- Guidelines for chaperones in primary care
- Ear irrigation policy
- Treatment of anaphylaxis
- Protocol-nurse review of patients with epilepsy
- Treatment of patients with dysfunctional or absent spleen
- Guideline for immunisation Allergic rhinitis
- Administration of childhood vaccines
- Diabetes protocol Diabetes guidelines Nov2009
- Asthma guidelines
- COPD guidelines
The above were selected to indicate the range of protocols one has to be aware off and follow rigidly.